It can get a little cumbersome and counterproductive.
Though definitely guilty of worrying, I try very hard to make a point to only worry when worry is warranted. The thing is that I MAY look back and wonder why did I waste time worrying about this? But I don't think I'll find myself thinking I should have sat around and worried about this more.
And it's days like those of recent that make me realize that really...we're doing well. Things like:
- A long, conversational midweek dinner enjoyed by the whole family
- Being read to by Cole
- Verbally thankful kids
- Kids telling jokes that legitimately make me laugh hard
- Good grades
- Happy mornings
- Hearing Paige talk my ear off
- Seeing confidence build in Will as he tackles daunting homework
- Compliments by teachers
- Seeing Cole run downstairs to get a hug before Paige heads out for the day
- Seeing Cole and Will play hide and seek together
- Countless hugs. Just countless. People say this will end...