It is hard to put into words how special this time was. Theme parks aren't exactly my idea of an ideal vacation destination (I'm more beach / mountains / interesting city driven). However, I had to see to believe that this is so beyond theme parks. It is truly an "experience." And that's not to say there weren't hiccups here and there (a lost restaurant reservation for 14 that was booked 6 months ago perhaps?). Yet it came together to become our experience - one we will never soon forget.
What I liked most:
- Some of the rides. Seriously. Awesomeness.
- The over-the-top decor, but in tasteful ways.
- The "magical" wristbands (no losing cards, etc.)
- Fast passes.
- How well all the kids did despite TONS of walking and not as much sleep.
- Priority plane boarding thanks to my pilot brother-in-law.
- The dinners!
- The "wow" on the kids' faces.
- Unmatched family time
- Waiting in lines (for busses, food, etc)
- The mass exodus as parks closed
- Cafeteria-style eating (for breakfast & lunch - so over that).
- The "logistics" and how it was kind of like taking a weekend college course
- Coming home.
|First Day - Epcot!|
|Holiday lights + fake snow + shorts = magical|
|The sneaky planners|
|Chosen among a whole grandstand to participate in the motor stunt show!|
|The "wowed" faces|
|Met up with cousins from the Carolinas!|
|Approaching the Castle!|