- If ever I thought my kitchen table was flooded with papers and folders when two kids came home from school, I am extra sure of this with three kids!
- Cole wore his “lucky underwear” today. I’m not sure what that means for a 5 year-old, but I do know that they were Star Wars. I also think they’re broken because he “unluckily” forgot his homework packet at school today.
- Our elementary school puts on a 3rd grade and 5th grade musical. We happen to have a 3rd grader and 5th grader. With the 5th grade fall musical approaching, Paige will be trying out for a speaking part.
- Will checks out “Elephant and Piggie” books on his library day because he loves to read them to Cole and hear him giggle.
- Brotherly love could be one of the most heart-melting things to witness.
- Paige has over 2,000 saved photos/videos on her iPod. Her assignment is to whittle that down to 300. I’m teaching her to prioritize and organize, even digitally.
- Texting makes parenting so much easier. I can warn Rich of a behavior issues before he hits the door, alert him of changes of schedules, or let him know something across the room without anyone eavesdropping. I know my parents did it without this. I just have a hard time imagining how. And it’s not that we weren’t busy and on the go. My dad even picked us up from piano straight from work – where he worked on a construction site. I’m sure they always arranged this beforehand, but I’m not sure what they did when there were unexpected changes. I mean, there were no cell phones and I don’t remember having a carrier pigeon, yet I was never stranded anywhere. Ever.
- I’m not sure if an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but I do know that Paige has 2-a-day on average and avoided the last cold that went around the family and is the most regular person I know.
The Apple Doesn’t Fall Far…
2 months ago