Random Facts

Wednesday, September 4, 2013
  1. If ever I thought my kitchen table was flooded with papers and folders when two kids came home from school, I am extra sure of this with three kids!
  2. Cole wore his “lucky underwear” today.  I’m not sure what that means for a 5 year-old, but I do know that they were Star Wars.  I also think they’re broken because he “unluckily” forgot his homework packet at school today.
  3. Our elementary school puts on a 3rd grade and 5th grade musical. We happen to have a 3rd grader and 5th grader.  With the 5th grade fall musical approaching, Paige will be trying out for a speaking part.
  4. Will checks out “Elephant and Piggie” books on his library day because he loves to read them to Cole and hear him giggle.
  5. Brotherly love could be one of the most heart-melting things to witness.
  6. Paige has over 2,000 saved photos/videos on her iPod.  Her assignment is to whittle that down to 300.  I’m teaching her to prioritize and organize, even digitally.
  7. Texting makes parenting so much easier.  I can warn Rich of a behavior issues before he hits the door, alert him of changes of schedules, or let him know something across the room without anyone eavesdropping.  I know my parents did it without this.  I just have a hard time imagining how.  And it’s not that we weren’t busy and on the go.  My dad even picked us up from piano straight from work – where he worked on a construction site.  I’m sure they always arranged this beforehand, but I’m not sure what they did when there were unexpected changes.  I mean, there were no cell phones and I don’t remember having a carrier pigeon, yet I was never stranded anywhere.  Ever.
  8. I’m not sure if an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but I do know that Paige has 2-a-day on average and avoided the last cold that went around the family and is the most regular person I know.

2 comments:

Renay said...

as always, I adore your list-posts! I think frequently about how our parents managed to exist without electronic communication - seriously would DIE without it! Lucky underwear means fun at school...not bringing home stupid folders. Brotherly love is AMAZING....could use a little more of it at times ;) Apples...putting MORE on the shopping list! Currently getting over 2 of 3 children with colds in this (sniff sniff) house!

Anonymous said...

I read this a long time ago but didn't comment...this cracks me up, and as you know, I can so relate!

but the real reason I had to comment was Cole and his lucky underwear...dying laughing at that kid!

Post a Comment