Funny Moments

Wednesday, September 11, 2013
  • I found out today that Cole thinks that when we say ‘Pay-Per-View’, we’re actually saying ‘Paper Few.’
  • Paige has the tendency to drag stories on much longer than needed (especially right after school when there are 2 other school children with stories to tell) so much that I sometimes wish I had an Oscar acceptance speech music song byte to play when she’s going over.
  • Upon talking about buying a new car and explaining to the kids we really weren’t sure about it, Paige asked, “Is it because of the cost?  Because I saw dad punching the price in the calculator and it took up the whole screen!”
  • Today I played a game with Cole that he made up with balls and rings.  The rules changed with each turn and he usually liked to make them so that I did better (and would celebrate).  It reminded me of the scene in Friends where Chandler is trying to “give” Joey money back by having him win the made up game of “cups.” (@ minute 1:35)

  • Also, here are two things I think need to come back in style: 1) Trapper Keepers (Paige keeps her school papers in an expandable file folder that is QUITE annoying)
trapper-keeper-football-closed
2) Tshirt clips.  Girls today put hair ties around their shirts to cinch large “team” style shirts.  It’s so barbaric, when there were once these stylish do-dads:

tshirt clip

***
But on a serious note, for the first time in 12 years, I didn't watch any coverage of  the 9/11 anniversary.  I don't know how I feel about that.  I feel good because life has gone on and I remember feeling for a little while that maybe it wouldn't.  I feel sad because I don't think enough memorials or moments of silence can truly honor those who perished that day. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment