Blog Topics

Thursday, July 11, 2013
I've been thinking about possible blog topics lately and haven't fully committed to one.  Here are the ideas I've been throwing around...
  1. What kids bicker about.  This could be about listening to my kids in the back of the car arguing about what the words are in a song, how to correctly pronounce words, who said something first, what to call the color of Silly Putty (tan, flesh-colored, peach, etc.  It's important to be RIGHT about this).
  2. How it's hard to "teach" compassion, but every now and then when your child shows it...it's a proud moment.  Paige and Will had me turn off "America's Got Talent" because they couldn't handle seeing older people (seniors) being criticized and denied.  For kids, I think compassion towards animals / smaller kids comes easier than towards seniors / elderly.  I was happy that they saw this population as one to be respected and given special treatment to.
  3. Jobs in the summer in a nutshell.  For kids, it's to eat and make messes.  For parents, it's to shop for food and clean.  It's pretty much that simple.  And P.S. if you thought stepping in dog poop was a mess, let me tell you...when your 5 year-old sits in dog poop outside, it's a whole other ball game.
  4. Or, I could talk about the fun night we had tonight with Will's baseball team at an area fun center launching water balloons, go-carting and mini-golfing.  Having great families / coaches that care about each kid as an individual, not just a ball player is really special.

0 comments:

Post a Comment