On Blogging

Tuesday, January 15, 2013
With the tragic and untimely death of a relative of mine recently, I am reminded of the brevity of life.  Only...I just was.  The whole nation was.  Remember?  A month ago when twenty 1st graders went to school and never came home?  I'm sort of left feeling like I really didn't need this one.

Yet, people will grieve and very slowly start to reform their lives around this new fact, forever changed. 

Of course, it causes people to re-examine things / relationships and when I think about this blog and sit down to "write" with this type of news so fresh in my mind, blogging seems so futile and frivolous.  But when I think of parents who someday would probably love to sit back and submerge themselves in some day-to-day history such that they don't ever forget even the small idiosyncrasies, I realize that it's time well spent.

And so I share that today was a great day spent with my 4-year old sidekick.  Cole and I were up and at 'em early this morning for my exercise class, then his swim class, then the mall for lunch and shopping.  I revel in the fact that he still reaches up for my hand whenever we're walking side by side.  I love that he was uber excited by the soda dispenser that used a cool elevator-like machine to dispense his water bottle.  I love that we sat at the high top tables in the food court because who needs boosters anymore? And I loved that he uttered the words "this was the best day ever" on the way home.  And I'm glad I wrote this down, because I'm sure I'll want to remember this.

1 comments:

Marrumba said...

I am glad you wrote this down too. Wishing you all the best!

Post a Comment