I love this time. Here are some reasons why:
- Seeing reading improvement in each kid. Tonight Cole actually did some sounding out! Because he is behind the others at this same age for letter writing/recognition/sounds, I have been mildly concerned. But I think he will come around on his time.
- The spontaneous conversations that occur.
- Sharing our thoughts/feelings about the story. (And for Will, this is usually laughs. He doesn't stray from comedy much.)
- The breather before I continue to get things done sans kids.
- The lack of interruption. (This isn't a popular time for phone calls, visits, etc.)
- Feeling like for just one moment, the days aren't just flying by.