Summer Start

Monday, June 6, 2011
The weather definitely has us in summer mode!  While I'm tempted to throw caution to the wind and adopt the 'so what?  It's summer?' mantra, I AM trying to keep some sort of order/schedule to things.

Unfortunately, our first weekend was spent mourning the loss of a relative of mine.  Though of advanced age, it was a sudden loss of life that reminds us to count our blessings daily.  I am thankful for the opportunity to spend time with relatives I so rarely get to see and I'm thankful for the chance to discuss life and death to my kids - further strengthening their faith in God.

Will was able to make it to a birthday party of a school friend of his this weekend.  They learned karate.  It was the cutest ever (and I was tempted to sign him up as they HAVE to say 'yes ma'am' at all times).
They had to shout hy-YA!

Broken board - signed by the sensei - super proud of this
 And, we broke down and got a bigger temporary pool hoping that the lifespan might be longer and the fun level might be higher.  No kids in it at this time due to frigid water temps, but later they braved it - but it should provide hours of fun once it warms a bit more!  (Or perhaps I'll get a raft and a good book and use it myself!)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pool looks great !!! When can I come over?

suzanne said...

i know what you'll be doing all summer! i want a pool so bad.

Post a Comment