Remember these?

Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Paige came home with one of these:

She apparently traded a pencil for it on the bus - not knowing how to create one herself. Will was instantly intrigued. Then I shocked them all by showing them not only do I know how they work, but I can mass produce them! They were pumped and wanted to tell everyone their fortune...multiple times. Apparently a teacher at school has banned them in the classroom. I think some of them tend to have negative messages such as "you stink." We kept ours positive like, "You will go to the moon" and "You will be a rock star" and "You will be a football player."
I remember doing these myself on the bus and LOVE to see that kids are so different today, but so much the same!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

(smacking gum) I, like, totally, like remember these! Long live the 80's!!

Your kids must thing you're waaaay cool for being able to make these. This will be Paige's new currency on the bus!

suzanne said...

oh my gosh - i haven't seen those since, what, elementary school.

Renay said...

I LOVE those things! Bring paper tomorrow night so we can make some for ourselves!!! I too am so happy to see that some things haven't changed! (I'm not kidding about the paper either!)

Jamie said...

Great to see them in hour household! I bet the kids love them. I use them a lot as a motivating activity for my older artic kids and put target words or phrases as the "fortunes" to practice.

Bethie said...

I used to LOVE these!! Unfortunately, my fortunes never came true. I still don't have that million dollars!! :):)

Lisa E. said...

You have to show me how to make one! Adam would love it!!!

Post a Comment