WANTED

Wednesday, August 12, 2009
A pleasant definition of the word "sexy" that is appropriate for a curious little 6-year old. I know, I know, why is she hearing this word, anyway? Well, it may have to do with this Jack Johnson CD I have, or maybe a little Timberlake. I'm guilty.

Anyway, as I was stumbling around an explanation for her, talking about things like politeness, attractiveness and private parts, Will chimes in, "I think private parts are funny. You know the private parts I like is butts. Butts are funny, I think."

Riiiight. I never fully regained composure to complete my eloquent definition. So I need help.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say just hope she doesn't ask again. But that's just me.

So, um, I laughed so hard I cried on this one.

kwebb said...

I love reading about the things Will says. Hilarious.

kcjayhawk said...

that is hilarious!
have fun with that one if it ever comes up again:)

Jamie said...

You could say "just think about Aunt Jamie - she's sexy!" LOL - seriously - Can you say "all dressed up or really pretty or when people wear fancy clothes???"

Renay said...

HILARIOUS! I wish my kids' favorite private part was butts! They tend to focus on...well...their REAL private parts! Not always funny! I think sexy should be a "mommy and daddy" type word that means when a mommy or daddy feels really pretty and all dressed up. that way, you won't hear her saying she feels sexy the next time she has on a facy dress. ??

Laurie said...

I respectfully disagree with the "all dressed up and pretty" comments, as next time she goes to school in a cute dress, she is very likely to say "I look sexy". Just a thought! I realize that is completely not helpful. Sorry.

Lavonne said...

I agree with the Mommy and Daddy connotation to the word and a mature approach to it. In other words, 6-year-olds aren't sexy...they're stylish, or cool, or awesome, or whatever the buzz word is these days. Sexy means ooo-la-la...like Aunt Jamie...!

Allyson said...

hahaha!! Will is funny...
I agree with Lavonne's definition, and I think I'll use it the next time my almost 6-year-old asks that same question...

kelly said...

I would have to say "it's a Mommy & Daddy word. When you're all grown up and you love someone its okay to use." or some kind of explaination similar to why we dont use swear words? ... hmm thats a hard one! goodluck!
and who doesnt love butts?!

Post a Comment