Conceptualizing

Monday, December 15, 2008
Tonight Paige and I started reading a Beverly Cleary book. The Quimby family was throwing a party and I read, "Mrs. Quimby was in the kitchen unmolding a Jell-o salad." Paige responds, "Eeeew...unmolding?" I'm thinking she is picturing Mrs. Quimby scraping green fur off the salad or something similar. I quickly explained the dual meaning of "mold."
***
While I am getting much better at staying home all day and not feeling like we have to go do something, I have to say I'm not quite ready to be forced into doing that due to weather already. This unseasonable cold better be combatted with unseasonable warm come January and February or I may be skipping off unannounced to any climate that supports palm tree growth.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun...the b. cleary book! i was just tonight thinking maybe we'd try to read "the tale of despereaux" after watching kate read it to her kids on jon and kate plus 8! we read a short chapter book last summer and luke really enjoyed it.

i know...we didn't venture out today (snow day was called due to ice) because it was freeeeezing.

Anonymous said...

AMEN. COLD. EW.

Anonymous said...

wouldn't it be nice to be on a cruise right now?

Anonymous said...

at least announce it to me. take me with you.

Anonymous said...

The Kellys are welcome out in Arizona any ol' time you want! We have four palm trees in our yard. Did I mention they're around our pool? :-) [I say this now because it's no longer 118 degrees!] Stay warm! --Kevin & Jen

Post a Comment