- That our kids are old enough that they are actually a help and not a hinderance when it comes to Christmas decorating. (Stringing the lights on the tree after toddler bedtime...no longer necessary).
- The knowledge that our kids appreciate our cozy home and that some days they would rather just be home than accept a playdate with a good friend.
- Our dogs. Seriously - they bring us several laughs a day. Today it was the photo shoot attempt for the Christmas card. One word: SQUIRREL!
- Online shopping. It rocks.
- My parents - for my life, of course. But also for their open-home policy for Thanksgiving dinner, making everyone feel like family.
- Days off school. Here and there, it is just needed.
- Days of school. Because getting back to routine feels good, too.
- DVR and smartphones. Oh, like you're not.
The Apple Doesn’t Fall Far…
2 months ago