The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Thursday, April 12, 2012
If you haven't read the book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, let me give you a glimpse...

I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day....I think I'll move to Australia.

And yesterday, Will came off the bus with a similar story.  He was very glum, almost to the point of his chin quivering because...he got pushed by accident on the playground and he fell and twisted his ankle and then Aiden dropped his snowglobe and it broke and he couldn't get his mail out of his mailbox because of it and he couldn't sit next to his friend on the bus ride home and he almost missed his bus stop and his sister told on him when she got home...

...and it was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. 

My theory is that our glimmer of summer weather made it seem like the end of school was right around the corner.  But instead, there's still another quarter left and so this part just seems to be dragging a bit making these little things just want to make Will move to Australia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment