- We strive for more sleep, more sleep when they're little. Then, they get to school and we're nudging them to wake-up already!
- We warn them not to talk to strangers; then we correct them for not willingly exchanging pleasantries with a new adult acquaintance.
- We don't let them get down from the table until they've eaten enough; then they get a little older and we practically need a "kitchen is closed" sign.
- We tell them they shouldn't worry about what others think; then we fuss over outfit and hair for events.
- We spend their first several years building up their confidence and telling them how great they are; then we don't want them to be arrogant or brag.
- We tell them to turn the other cheek; then we tell them to stick up for what they believe in.
The Apple Doesn’t Fall Far…
2 months ago