Season Kick-Off

Sunday, November 21, 2010
This weekend marked an awaited weekend away with a great group of friends to a cabin in Michigan that belongs to one of the said friends.  It was wonderful!  Shopping, good food, good company and conversation all gift-wrapped in my well-cared for kids and household by Rich, who also surprised me and my driving buddy, Renay, with little wrapped up snacks & games to open as we progressed on our trip.  Perfection.
Peace
What I wasn't expecting was the explosion of Christmas!  The shops were decked out, horse and carriages were adorned with red bows and we took our picture with a trio of Santa, Rudolph, and Frosty!  It, of course, made me super anxious to be home again to see my kids & Rich as we start the holiday season this week. 

And as if it was scheduled by me, USA network played Elf tonight!  It was a true Christmas miracle!  The kids were rolling with laughter and were imitating their favorite scenes as we went up to bed (quite accurately, I may add). 

One of my purchases was a set of red wooden blocks that spell the word believe.  Yes, I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you had fun!!

and i'm sending you one of your christmas gifts early :)

Alli said...

What a great weekend and how thoughtful of Rich!! That was such a cute idea.

Glad you had a great time!!

Post a Comment