Mom-Brain Translation

Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Here is a little language knowledge that comes in handy while caring for my boys:

YOU HEAR: Cole emerging from another room saying "sorry, Mommy."

TRANSLATION: Something has gone wrong in the other room. It is likely marker where marker shouldn't be, something dumped over, or something broken.

YOU HEAR: Slight ruckus and then Cole shout, "I'm okay!"

TRANSLATION: That ruckus was caused by activity that very likely is not allowed. The assurance of safety is simply to keep me away. I'm onto this now.

YOU HEAR: Will use the word "until" as in "I already went to the bathroom until I got my shoes on."

TRANSLATION: "before" Thankfully, this does not mean that he was actually relieving himself up until the very point of getting shoes on.

Okay. You're up to speed. You are all welcome to babysit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, i love the age when they still rat themselves out. it goes away too soon. those are so cute!

Renay said...

Oh my gosh - this cracks me up! I've been working for a while (in my head) on a post purely dedicated to the funny things Brady says. I may have to copy this format. All I know is that it's never good when one of the kids tells you "sorry" before you know what they did...

Post a Comment