Here We Go

Thursday, March 18, 2010
If I'm being honest, I'd have to say that Rich is almost always the one rearing to travel and do exciting outings more than me. I know this is because of the detail-oriented side of my personality that considers all the necessary steps to make the outing happen before thinking of the fun it could be.

Taking that into consideration, it is no surprise that we have not traveled with the kids on a plane much. At all, really. Well, once when we had just one aged 18 months. Of course, the cost of shipping a family of 5 through the air plays into that, but my argument was always the same - once I feel the fun outweighs the work, we'll do it. Well, we're doing it. And I'm happy to report that my emotions are WAY more excitement than anxiety, which is a good sign.

The kids are pumped to see the ocean and spend time at a beach and Will cannot stop talking about flying on a plane. Thanks to his uncle being a Southwest pilot, he has a replica of the plane he'll be flying in and is SO excited that it's mostly blue. :) We'll have video, pictures and stories to report, I'm sure.

Here's to the fun it will be. Happy spring, everyone!

4 comments:

Renay said...

Have a BLAST! I'm sure your kids will be stellar on the plane. You guys might just become crazy travelers after this adventure (but I'm with you...the guys don't start making mental to-do lists every time a trip is planned...it can be overwhelming to say the least!)

suzanne said...

have a fun and safe trip!

Anonymous said...

i very much enjoy all your writing kind, very attractive.
don't quit and keep creating for the reason that it simply well worth to follow it,
looking forward to browse much more of your current stories, kind regards ;)

Anonymous said...

Have a GREAT time! I cannot wait to hear how it all goes, and what the kids think of the beach.

Call me when you're back!!

Post a Comment