- Paige and Rich went on their planned movie date to see "Divergent." She has read the entire series and both enjoyed it! Plus, the boys and I got to meet them out for dinner afterwards at a neat new restaurant.
- We finally made and kept dinner plans with friends we have been trying to go out with!
- We made it to Starved Rock! (Well, actually next door to Matthiessen State Park). The mud made the trek especially challenging and fun!
- The kids and I made it out to "Stephanie's Garden" - a children's garden in a forest preserve created in memory of a family friend of ours.
Before poor Milo got stung by a bee.
In an Indian hut. Paige had been here for school and educated us on it.
- We are heavy into new books with our weekly library visits.
And here are some things I have learned this week:
- My boys need stricter dressing / grooming guidelines. Outfits are worn that don't match; nasty hats are worn nice places; some things are ill-fitting, and this happens when sweaty boy meets s'mores:
- Large spiders. There are large spiders indigenous to the Starved Rock area.
- We need to get some stamina built up in our 6-year old's legs! Granted, I was surprised to find he is still weighing in at 43 lbs and is the smallest on his ball team, but still.
- If ever I thought my house was all clean at once, I was terribly mistaken. There's surely a mess somewhere.
- Our kids, though we know they are growing up everyday, will just strike me as grown up all at once and I will suddenly wonder where the time went.