Easy Weekend

Sunday, January 9, 2011
It was quite the relaxing weekend after a full week back in the grind.  That is, until this evening at about bathtime.  Rich had gotten the boys in a tub and we were in the hall talking when we heard a blood-curdling scream come from Will.  (I was picturing Cole's teeth sunk into his skin until blood was drawn.)  I run in to see him standing there f.r.e.a.k.i.n.g out saying that Cole had just peed in the tub.  I reprimanded Will for what was BY FAR an overeaction to this situation...until I found out the details.  The drips all over Will's face...weren't bath water.  Cole had been standing trying to alert us he needed to go potty and, well, the trajectory was just right.  I apologized to Will and empathized with him.  Cole apologized, too, without even being asked to.  The situation calmed down quite quickly.

Being the 3rd child, Cole is definitely more in "defense mode" than his siblings ever were.  It's natural and it's what it takes to travel with the pack.  Like one day, when Will got off the couch and came to me sort of whining that his hands were freezing.  Cole jumped up and followed with a "No I didn't!"

Then tonight...I got Cole out of a tub and wrapped him in a towel and he was lying on the rug.  I suggested he looked like a little human cracking out of an egg and he replied, "No I'm not a HUMAN!"  So, maybe it's a little overkill, but we know he won't stand for ANY tattling or name-calling, even if it's accurate!

3 comments:

suzanne said...

i'm w/ will, i probably would have been screaming if i had been peed on too. hilarious story.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh this is hilarious!!! poor will.

i totally agree about the 3rd being "defensive".

and do remember that the name "dan" used to be a derogatory term for some reason at our house? we have no idea why, but it was. so i get that he didn't want to be called "human"!

Alli said...

Ohhh man! Thanks for making me laugh out loud in the middle of Target! At least it wasn't HUMAN pee :)

Post a Comment