Dictionary according to Cole

Tuesday, January 4, 2011
FORMAL NAMES
Cole is really into using complete, formal names.  For example, he has been calling Will, Willian often.  He even called my sister-in-law's dog named Jake, Jacob.  Today, he suggested I call him Cole-iam.

PRONOUNS
These are still not right, but he has added a new one.  If he is referring to something that belongs to a girl, it is "shers."  This a combination of her and she, made possessive.  It's fun to say and I'm thinking of using it.  (Ex: Let's go to shers house!)

As Cole approaches 3, I realize that he is less interested in drawing than Will was at this age.  So, I've started to suggest more drawing as we play lately.  He got a new dry erase board for Christmas (mostly so he stops using his siblings' and leaving markers open so they dry out).  Today I was drawing pictures and asking him to add details.  Examples:  Here's a snowman.   Can you add buttons?  Here's a house.  Can you add windows?  Here is a face, can you add the smile?  I was happy to see that he CAN make these motions pretty well, he just isn't as greatly interested in it.  Here is his answer to: Here's a dinosaur.  Can you add teeth?
No making fun of the dinosaur...or his buck teeth

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh, I thought the dinosaur question was "Can you add snot?"

Love the language humor - he can call Steve, Steven but I wonder what my name will evolve into.....

Renay said...

I was going to say the exact same thing Jamie said about snot! too funny.

Post a Comment