Back!

Sunday, May 2, 2010
I'm back!  After a few nights alone and a cold that completely wiped my energy, I'm feeling more like myself - just in time for the weekend.  It was a good one, celebrating our niece and nephew's birthdays and crossing things off the to-do list.

Today was a perfectly beautiful day and the kids had been outside absolutely anytime possible.  Finally, in the evening we were all hanging out and started a game of kickball.  The kids aren't "in" to team sports yet, but I think it's because they haven't had a real taste of it yet.

When I was a kid we had the perfect built-in kickball field in our front yard with shrubs and trees as bases.  I have very vivid and fond memories of playing full games there.  One in particular right before we had to head to a softball game (which, ironically, I hated). 

Well, the kids enjoyed it equally, forfeiting some of their "show" time for another inning.  You couldn't wipe the smile off Will's face (unless he messed up, which did frustrate him to no end - but he got over it quickly) and Paige was out for blood.  Maybe this will pique their interest in games like soccer or t-ball.  Or maybe they will just have fond memories of playing kickball in their backyard.

1 comments:

Bethie said...

How fun! I can totally see both of them getting into some kind of sport! Here's my prediction; Paige will like soccer and Will baseball or I can see him as a golfer!!

Post a Comment